- You increase your engine's efficiency and cut fuel consumption.
- You reduce premature wear of engine components.
- You inhibit the formation of deposits and limit the development of corrosion.
- You reduce harmful emissions into the atmosphere.
- Your type of vehicle.
- Your style of driving.
- The mechanical conditions of your engine.
- The weather conditions: If your oil consumption is more than 1 liter of oil per 1000 Miles, you should contact your garage .
- Check your oil on level ground. Wait at least 5 minutes after switching off the engine.
- Remove the dipstick
- Wipe it. Replace and wait a few seconds before removing it again
- Check the level with reference to the MIN and MAX marks. You should add oil if the level is below the MAX mark.
- Add the oil a little at a time
- Recheck the level and repeat the operation until it reaches the MAX mark. But don't go above it ! Replace the dipstick.
- Recheck your oil level about every 1000 km. And have a good journey.
How to check your oil
Remember to check your oil about every 1000 Miles. Make it a habit before every long journey.
The optimal oil level means :
Choosing the right oil is important for the performance and the life of your engine.
Your oil consumption depends on :